CENTRAL HISTORY MUSEUM CENTRAL SC

OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
JCPENNEY:  Top and Shorts (Couple of Weeks Old)
CATO: Flats
TJMAXX: BCBGeneration Handbag
BELK: Steven Madden Sunglasses

****Information Courtesy of HMbd.org under Central History Museum written by Brian Scott

Hi Fashion Loves,
Sorry it took so long but I have been working a lot because we don't have enough people to cover. I have only had one day off for the past couple of weeks and during the remodeling of my home my Wi-Fi also went down so here I sit on my day off ready to talk about fashion and adventure.
On this day I wanted to take a short Adventure because of my exhaustion and I didn't want to go to far.  I decided to put on my new JcPenney Outfit my Cato Flats and headed to Central SC.

JcPenney, as I have mentioned before, has to be one of my favorite stores they have stylish clothes with nice colors. I am an artist so I love color.  I purchased this outfit in Greenville SC. I found the top first because the bright colors got my attention.  Then I headed over to the shorts table and found these magnificent Worthington Shorts in Orange. (Score)  I love these shorts they are so comfortable and due to the harsh heat in the South and me working out in it I was able to get a smaller size. Yea... 
When I take a Blog Photo I have a problem with my keys sticking out of my pocket so this small BCBGeneration Handbag that I purchased at TJMaxx for $20 solved the problem.  I also love the Gold Accents and I liked the look because it is similar to Valentino.  (That is not in my budget as a starving artist.)  I just purchsed these cool Steven Madden Sunglasses during my Associate Double Discount at Belk.  These Sunglasses ares stylish and they have great UV Protection.

 I was planning on doing a lot of walking on this day so the heels wouldn't due so I chose these Cato Flats with the nice Gold Accents.  The Flats are comfortable and made out of Cork so they are stylish as well.
This Adventure is not to far from home but is an interesting town not to far from Clemson University home of the Clemson Tigers.  Central SC is also the home of a Chrsitian Liberal Arts College called Southern Wesleyan University.   
Central SC was derived from it being halfway between Charlotte NC and Atlanta Georgia and was incorporated as town March 17,1875.  The Atlanta Richmond Air-Line Company used it as a terminal station to make repairs and crew changes.  The Train still runs through Central but it doesn't bring much revenue to the town since the terminal station was moved to Greenville SC.
Jeptha N. Morgan was one of the individuals to benefit from the RailRoad running through Central SC. Mr. Morgan opened a Merchandise Store in 1885 and with his pending marriage decided to build his dream home in 1893.  Jeptha married the lovely Minnie and established a beautiful family with the arrival of their two daughters Jessie and Jennie.  The Morgan Home became the social mecca of Central SC with parties and dances.  Jessie Morgan remained in the home until 1994.
Due to it Historical Significance and its Architectural History The Morgan Home was purchase in 1995 by the Central Heritage Society as the headquarters for the Central History Museum located at...

CENTRAL HISTORY MUSEUM 
416 CHURCH ST 
CENTRAL SC 29630
OPEN 2-4 ON SUNDAYS EXCEPT MAJOR HOLIDAYS

The interior of The Morgan Home still has most of their furniture, clothes, dishes and etc. reminding us of simpler times.....

 Also check out the Bertha Evans Morgan Gardens the Sculptures are amazing.



Don't get me wrong I like technology but I do miss the times of Sunday Diners, things closing at a 
decent time and Families knowing each other? Do we have to sacrifice really knowing each other for technology.  Can't we have them both? Or have we gone to far?

Go back in time visit Central South Carolina see the train come through, go to the little cafe and play on the Little Red Caboose.... Make some Family Memories....

Love,
Dana



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB