OLD WELCOME BAPTIST CHURCH PENDLETON SC


THE OUTFIT OF THE DAY:
BELK: VELVET TANK
TARGET: A NEW DAY BLAZER AND OVER THE KNEE BOOTS
NY&COMPANY: JEANS
Information Courtesy of:
www.welcomebaptistchurchonline.com

Hi Fashion Loves,

On this warm Sunday I went to lunch with some  friends and it was a magical warm day in the South uncharacteristic to the weather we have been having the last few weeks.  On this day I didn't want to waste the day or the outfit.  My friends and I had a lovely lunch at Fuddruckers and just up the street is a little old Southern Church perched up on top of  a hill.  The church with its charm and welcoming atmosphere sits above a main highway looking at the world zoming by, along side the quaint little church a new church which has taken its place due to the congregation growth.  The Small Southern Church is still apart of the New Church which is rare to see...



OLD WELCOME BAPTIST CHURCH
4800 CLEMSON BLVD.
PENDLETON SC, 29670

The magic in the air was due to the shadows dancing on the building which allowed me to get lost in a day of relaxtion and serenity.   According to the website the rumor is the concept of Old Welcome Baptist Church started in 1893 when a lady attending a series of Revival Meetings at a near by church was not  happy to see  her son attending an alter call which was frowned upon in those days.  After this incident or maybe something else which I will let Brian Scott a local historian figure that out, Old Welcome Baptist Church opened its doors in 1894.

God has given me the ability to appreciate history and see the magic in life that others don't.  God has given me a purpose that I am still trying to figure out how to pursue and use according to his will and the quote from Stormie Omartian sums it up......


"God's purpose for our lives is to make us whole-which is the way 
He created us to be-and then to work through us for His glory as we surrender our lives to Him.
Emotional wholeness means living without negative emotions and having peace about who you are and where life is headed."

Fashion Loves approximately 4 years ago I walked away from being a manager because it was unfulfilling, not that is was not a good job it just wasn't my calling. 


Isaiah 55:2
Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, Listen to me and eat what is good and you will delight in the richest of fare.


 I panicked from the comforts of a steady paycheck and went right back into retail as an associate, it started out good.  I was working less hours and drawing day and night.  I attened Art Shows, sold drawings and read my bible every day. 



 As my life evolved and my dreams came into place, the devils distractions started taking place and I lost my footing.  I slowed down on my art started liking someone I couldn't figure out and spending money on unimportant things. The distractions slowly started tearing down my dreams and God's will slowly started disappearing but you don't see everything unraveling as it happens so it is hard to stop.  THE WORLD TAKES OVER.... but I found a quote and I don't know who it is written by that sums  up what then started to take place...

When God closes a door, He opens a window..
author: unknown.


"Don't lose hope while you are down because God is up to something."



My outfit fit the day perfectly a Blue Velvet Tank from BELK and for that tiny chili in the air a Blue Blazer from Target- A New Day.  I at this time had gained a little winter weight from working costantly but that happens and I was feeling spunky and cute anyway.  My A New Day Over the Knee Boots in the light Taupe Color compliments my outfit without taking away the look I was going for.  I also love the faux suede boots because they are so soft and the neutral color  you can use with all different colors and patterns.
Considering today was my day off it was definitely a jeans day and I am in love with my  New York and Company Jeans they have sketches of New York all over the jeans.  I love Black and White Renderings so these jeans are perfect for me.





And you see that God deflected the ways of the Devil and the worlds attempted distruction of my dreams. My dreams became more altered and a Fashion/Adventure Blog was born.   Art has taken a backseat to my blog.


I work a lot of hours now and on my days off  I have to choose between an Adventure and my Art.  This has been weighing on my mind so I started to become a Minimalist selling things I don't need and saving my money to live my dreams to the fullest.  To live life on my terms and God's terms. At this moment with all my preparation I am ready I just have to get past the fear, which I am working on.


Jeremiah 33:3
Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.


Fashion Loves look at the magic God has in the world, see it again.  Pray read your Bible and listen God will give you the answers, you just have to listen an drown out the devil and what the world wants.

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for your says the Lord.  They are plans for Good & Not for disaster, To give you a Future and a Hope.



That is why you go to God's House for clarity and Magic.
Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB