A SALON VISIT AND HOMETOWN HOLIDAY TOUR



THE OUTFIT OF THE DAY IS:
CATO: Old (Altered) PLAID SKIRT AND FAUR FUR
JCPENNEY: Old GRAY TURTLENECK
TARGET: New A NEW DAY---Overt the Knee Boots
***Information Courtesy of plaque on the ground downtown.



Hi Fashion Loves,

2018 has got me on a roll with my love for Adventure and Blogging.  I previously wrote about Greenville SC so now the next Holiday Tour of 2017 is in my hometown of Anderson SC.  I was born and raised in “The Electric City” but I have been moving back and forth to Greenville because of the Culture and Arts. 






However on this warm day of November I head to my hair appointment to the Chez La Rouge to see the talented Kim Richards when I was stopped in my tracks in the Old Edwards Inn Parking Lot.




 “When what to my wondering eyes did appear but Culture and Art oh my dear.”  (Paraphrasing Clement Clarke Moore) It almost brought a tear to my eye that my sweet little town is making me feel more at home.  I have always thrived on the Arts and Sculpture so I was always running to Atlanta GA, Charleston SC and Greenville SC to get a Creativity Hit but now I can run into Downtown Anderson SC.  I am so excited for the future of my town.  A small town can succeed with the Arts and in the future I could even see the beginnings of a Small Artisphere.








Fashion Break


As I wonder the streets with a fresh new haircut I couldn’t waste the look so Photo shoot time.  Old becomes new again in my JcPenney Worthington Soft Gray Turtleneck which I paired with my altered Cato plaid skirt.  I admit I was feeling a little Divaish and my Faux Fur Cato Vest didn’t help the matter any.  I did have to go to work after my little Adventure so I wore my Flat Over the Knee Boots from Target.  A New Day is the new line from Target and I love it.  I haven’t bought anything from Target in awhile but this new line has reeled me in.  I wonder the town with my cute boots and what does a Diva do when she is feeling cute and spunky, find her a debonair gentleman and who do I spy but….


WILLIAM C. WHITNER 9/27/1864-5/12/1940
 A very well known successful businessman who knows how to listen to a Southern Lady.


William C. Whitner would be proud of his city as he watches over and protects Anderson hoping for the growth to happen soon.  William Church Whitner a graduate of USC with a degree in Civil Engineering takes this small town and makes history.  Mr. Whitner financed the first Hydroelectric Plant to transmit power over along distance on May 1, 1895.  I also learn that he consulted with Nicola Telsa on this more cost effective method of transmitting Electricity and that is how the dedication of “The Man Behind the Idea” sculpture came to be.  Thanks to the Sculpturer  Zan Wells on October 12, 2004 William C. Whitner gets to watch over his beloved city as it evolves to a town for all to appreciate.



  Mr. Whitner with his watch in hand looking up watching for his creation to illuminate in the street light each night, his bronze sculpture has become a well known occupant of Downtown Anderson as the onlookers take photos with him and even donates hats a scarfs so he does not to get cold. The accessories he doesn’t use he donates to the homeless of the town.

After your visit with William C. Whitner head over to Wren Park for a little ice skating at Holiday Ice Skating Rink which opens from November 22, 2017- January 7, 2018.  The Admission is $7 and helps the city as it grows in the culture and the arts.  The Holiday Ice is fun for the whole family for togetherness and you can rent skates if you don't have any.




Visit Anderson for a Holiday Tour in a quaint cute town right out of a Charles Dickens Story.  Value the time spent with love ones and making memories.

Love,

Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB