GREENVILLE SC DAY GET AWAY


THE OUTFIT OF THE DAY IS:

BELK: CROWN & IVY TANK
(NEW) NY&COMPANY: KIMONO
(NEW)ZARA: JEANS
MICHAEL KORS BOOTIES
***information courtesy of www.fallscottage.com

Hi Fashion Loves,

 I decided in 2018 to get back to what I love Blogging, Art and Photography. Christmas use to be my favorite time of the year but my time in Retail has caused my Holidays to turn into a series of Materialism, Sales, Screaming, Rushing, No Sleep, Stress beyond your ability to handle and More Screaming so needless to say I Do Not enjoy Christmas.  This year has been no different except this year has affected my health.  I usually am not an unhealthy person but this season I got so run down that I got very sick with sinus and bronchitis, the worst in years. I have not taken but one day of sick leave at work for 4 years this year I took my normal day off, plus two more days (3 Days) and I am just now feeling better.  The retail industry is having trouble getting new employees to stay so we are working more and more.



 The Holiday Season Sales now starts on Thanksgiving or before then because of the preparation so I try to at least get some fun in before the Season of Hell begins. 

Greenville South Carolina is my go to for Holiday Fun.  Greenville is only 30 minutes away but it seems like you have entered a different world.  I use to live in Greenville SC and it is a place I miss residing, it is full of Art and Culture.  

Working in the Mall I don’t want to spend too much time in the Mall which maybe that was Gods Intention inorder to set my destiny in motion.  I want to be outside walking around, looking in the cute shops that mean more to me because it is things made by artists and photographers.  I am tired of being surrounded by materialism.  I want to be surrounded by art and culture. 

I get my eye on some materialist things like my Coffee Maker that I love but that is fine you don’t have to go cold turkey to be a Minimalist.  I have been to Greenville SC many times but I never get tired of walking around and looking at the architecture, people watch and listen to the amazing street musicians.   The rustling of Reedy River over the rocks is a sound of peace and relaxes my soul.  



After wondering around stop by Mary's at Fall Cottage for a little lunch in a quaint atomsphere.  The food is amazing and the surrounding make you feel like you are in a dollhouse.

Mary's at Falls Cottage is located at 615 South Main St. Greenville SC 29601 and was established as restaurant in 2004 by Mary Jones.  The Cottage was acutally built in 1894-1896 by W.E. Touchstone  located in the West End and used as a rental property until 1918 when it became Curry's Gas Station.  In 1972 the Carolina Foothills Garden Club renamed it Falls Cottage.  The Cottage has been home to many of Greenville's businesses but now it is a quaint place for a lunch or brunch.  Stop my Mary's at Fall Cottage for a Salmon Salad, A Ruben, Shrimp and Grits and much more to choose from. You want be disappointed in anything you pick.



For  my day trip to Greenville  SC  I adorned  myself  with my New Kimono I purchased from New York and Company I feel so artsy with a hippie vibe.



 The weather at this time was unseasonably warm which I love. The only time I like cold and snow is if I am able to be stuck in a cabin in the mountains with the one I love other than that I want warmth.  I see myself in the future settling in a coastal town in my minimalist little home traveling, hiking, fishing, drawing, photography and relaxing.  I would like to experience it with the one I love.  Yes I still believe in Love.



There is a new song out on the radio by Halsey “Bad at Love”
….Look, I don’t mean to frustrate,
But I always make the same mistakes, yeah
Always make the same mistakes ‘cause….
I’m bad at love ooh-ooh
But you can’t blame me for tryin’
You know I’d be lyin’ sayin’
You were the one, ooh-ooh
That could finally fix me
Lookin’ at my history
I’m Bad at Love

I tend to pick the ones that drink to much with issues but one thing I have learned this time I let them go, so that is a start.  I did date some that I really liked but I think he liked the idea of a girlfriend not an actual girlfriend.  He didn’t want to take the time to get me to trust him; it seemed to be too much effort.  See I have known him for awhile and he has disappeared on me a time or three so I didn’t let myself get to close afraid he would disappear again.  The problem seemed to be him calling or sending a text in-between dates to say hi was too much to ask, I suppose.  It broke my heart but it was a nice experience for awhile…



I have become more casual here lately so I decided to wear my Zara Jeans.   I purchased them for the trendy fringe on the end but I didn’t realize what they said around the jeans.


“HERE AND NOW DON’T BE A FOOL AND BUY ME A DREAM”

These jeans fit my personality and are so cute.

Walking was going to be what my day consisted of so I put on my Burgundy Michael Kors Suede Booties accented with gold trim. 



I enjoyed my nice Greenville SC Day Get Away walking around taking photos and forgetting about life for awhile. There weren’t to much holiday decorations except for this one store at the end of my downtown stroll but it was beautiful.   I ended the day having a nice dinner with a friend.  We had a great time since then my social life has dissipated but I will be reconnecting with my friend she is my age single ready to take Greenville by storm and the cute Eligible
Bachelors…



Merry Christmas 
Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB