A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
FOREVER 21:(In Stores) Pink Metallic Jacket & Fuzzy Crossbody
CATO: Jean Skirt and Boots
JCPENNEY: Burgandy Blouse
****Information Courtesy of: www.hauntedstories.net/ghost-stories/south-carolina/ghosts-hells-gates and www.oakwoodcemeteryofspartanburg.org

Hi Fashion Loves,
Today was another warm day in the South so I headed back to Spartanburg South Carolina to Hell's Gate aka Oakwood Cemetery and see what I could find or better yet who I could find.

I was proud to put on my New Pink Metallic Jacket from Forever 21 for this Scary Adventure.  I thought Ghosts had to Respect the Metallic Jacket. I would call it my Ghost Hunter Jacket and it worked well sort of I think it might have frightened them.

I like the look of pink and burgandy so I wore my burgandy blouse from Jcpenney and I think it flows well together.

I have been waiting to wear this cute Distressed Jean Skirt I purchased at Cato.  I love the tears and strategicly placed patches for the casual look also the jean look is in. 

 I am also trying my best to get a lot of wear out of my comfy Cato Over the Knee Boots.  I wore these boots all day as I toured the Cemetery and Converse College but changed into flats when I stopped off at the Haywood Mall in Greenville SC.

As I stated before I headed back to Spartanburg South Carolina because there is a lot to see and I don't like to go far when it gets dark so early.  I have heard a lot about  Hell's Gate which is the name given to Oakwood Cemetery an Old Historic Cemetery located in the East Side of Spartanburg SC just behind Converse College.

Oakwood Cemetery
182 Oakwood Avenue
Spartanburg SC 29302

Oakwood Cemetery was established in 1883 as a resting place for the residents of Spartanburg SC and for families to have peace as they said goodbye to their loved ones.



Many residents of the Cemetery includes The Founder of Converse College, World War 11 Veterans, Concert Pianist Carlos Moseley and Martha Chapman who prevented the demise of this Historic Cemetery when the funds ran out.



I love cemeteries because of the beautiful sculptures and peaceful feeling.  I respect cemeteries so unfortunately Fashion Loves I saw no Ghosts.  







Sometimes I believe Ghosts don't approach me because I would ask to many questions.  A person doesn't know what will happen until you are in that position but I don't believe I would be afraid.  I would be intrigued.  


Hell's Gate or Oakwood Cemetery is known as one of the most haunted cemeteries in South Carolina.  Satanists have been caught having sayonces, orbs have been seen and also children's laughter has been heard.  




One child, a small boy that fell to his death would invite you to play a little ball with him and then disappears without a trace.  

Other individuals have had thier cameras and phones drained of energy. Ghost Hunters have had their equipment malfunciton and seen unexplainable activites.


According to my research most of the Ghost Sightings are at night but the Police Will Arrest you after dark.  Graves have been dug up and their has been many vandals so you are Not Allowed In the Cemetery After Dark.



My research also revealed that the graves in the back are the most Haunted which are the poorest of the residents of Spartanburg. This is where most of the sightings have taken place and strange images seen.









If you get tired of Hunting for Ghosts and want to know a little more history near Hell's Gate is the beautiful campus of Converese College.





Converse College 
580 E Main St
Spartanburg SC 29302

Converse College opened October 1, 1889 and the history is rather interesting which will come in a later Blog with the focus of the College's History.



 The Campus has many bronze sculptures of Historical Figures such as The Poet Emily Dickinson.  The campus is magnificent on its own but I am going to photograph it in the spring.




Fashion Loves go on A Ghost Adventure or see an amazing Historical Campus these are just a few things you can do in Spartanburg South Carolina and it is close to home and doesn't cost a thing except gas.


Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB