ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
JCPENNEY: WORTHINGTON TOP AND SHORTS
CATO:  FLATS
AMAZON: BCBGENERATION HEELS
BELK: STEVE MADDEN SUNNIES AND MICHEAL KORS WATCH
DILLARDS: MARC JACOBS SUNNIES
                      ****Information courtesy of Ty Cobb Wikipedia and tycobbmuseum.org

Hi Fashion Loves,
On this day I was feeling alittle under the weather, my sinuses were giving me fits, but when the Adventure Bug hits there is no stopping the nagging feeling to take off.  I sat around whining and in the shower and off I went to Royston Georgia at about 1pm.  Royston Georgia is only about 58 minutes from my home.  Also the summer if winding down and I haven't worn my new summer outfit from JCPenney.
The outfit I chose today needed to be cute but the heat is still sweltering in the South so it had to be cool and the Worthington Top was the perfect choice.  The material is light weight and is trimmed with a Black Sheer Boarder.  I was feeling a little rebellious today so I went with a pattern mix.  The Worthington Shorts are a Geometric Pattern of Black and White that blends well with my Green and Black Top.
I was touring a Museum and walking around town so I switched between my BCBGeneration Heels and BeJeweled Cato Flats with a Cork insole.
The bright sun was out and it kept looking like it was going to rain but it never did so it made for a beautiful day.  My eyes are very sinsitive to light so I brought out my new Sunglasses made by Steve Madden purchased at Belk and I switched between my Dillards Marc Jacobs Sunglasses.  That employee discount keeps me in check for all the seasons.  Retail is a hard job but the perks are amazing.

As I stated initiality my Adventure was to Royston Georgia Home of Tyrus Raymond Cobb "The Georgia Peach" the first Inductee to the Baseball Hall of Fame with 98.2% of the votes on the first Ballot.  I have been wanting to visit:
Ty Cobb Museum which opened in 1998 in the 
Joe A. Adams Professional Building located at 
461 Cook St
Royston Georgia 30662



Fashion Loves I am the perfect example of Don't Judge a Book by its Cover.  This High Heel Wearing Outfit Pairing Southern Lady was a Big Ole Tom Boy.  My Dad wanted a boy and when he got two girls he chose one to be his boy and that was me.  I was a sports fanatic for years only watching football and baseball with Dad and I knew exactaly who Ty Cobb was. When I found out he grew up in little Royston Georgia only 58 minutes from me I put Royston Georgia on my list to visit.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb was born on December 18, 1886 to William Herschel Cobb, a State Senator, and Amanada Chitwood Cobb in Narrows Georgia but while he was still an infant his family moved to Royston Georgia.
 According to Wikipedia Ty Cobb emerged from the womb destined to play baseball.  William Herschel Cobb was not to happy with young Ty Cobb's career choices so as Ty Cobb tried out for many teams and failed his father let him know "Don't come home a failure!" Which is usually normal for Southern Fathers or what I grew accustomed to.  In my research what I found funny is when Ty Cobb joined the Steelers for $50 a month he wanted to get his name out there so he sent many postcards to Grantland Rice of the Atlanta Journal in different names. The little ruse worked Mr. Rice wrote an article about his amazing talents.
Ty Cobb finally found a home at the Detroit Tigers in 1905 and debuted his baseball magic on August 30, 1905 however his father never saw him play.  On August 8,1905 Herschel Cobb was fatally shot by his wife Amanda Cobb according to reports Herschel was sneaking around the house to catch his wife philandering.  Amanda Cobb though he was an intruder and shot him killing him.
Ty Cobb was not a favorite among his teammates for his aggressive playing style and also the rookie was teased and taunted by the veteran players.  That just proves the old saying when you are on the top someone always wants to knock you down.
Ty Cobb played for the Detroit Tigers from 1905 til 1918 amazing everyone with his skill and raising his stats.  In October 1918 Ty Cobb enlisted in the Chemical Corps branch of the United States Army he was station in France for 67 days and received a honorable discharge and returned to the Detroit Tigers and never skipped a beat.  Cobb remained with the Tigers until 1926 from 1921-1926 as a manager.  In 1927-1928 he played for the Philadelphia Athletics and retired and headed to Augusta Georgia.  Ty Cobb spent his years traveling with his family and enjoying some leisure time but it didn't last long unfortunately he and his wife of 39 years divorced in 1947.
 Ty Cobb like many around these parts had a few demons to contend with so his later years he started a downward spiral but he didn't let his generous gift from God go to waste. In 1956 Ty Cobb donated the funds to build a Cobb Memorial Hospital and established the Cobb Educational Fund for Georgia Students headed for College without other means of furthering their education.

Ty Cobb regreted some on his decisions at the end, he was know to lived hard and played hard and in the end had very few friends.  Cobb made a profound statement that "I've been lucky.  I have no right to be regretful of what I did."   Tyrus Raymond Cobb the legendary Baseball Player from a farming town of Georgia died on July 17, 1961 in Emory Hospital in Atlanta Georgia.   Ty Cobb was not only a great Baseball Player but a wonderful business man at his death his estate was worth at least $11.78 million dollars which included investments in General Motors and Coke a Cola.

Ty Cobb was buried in Royston Georgia at Rose Hill Cemetery in a beautiful Mausoleum adorned with baseballs.


Fashion Loves my heart was broken as I drove through the beautiful town of Royston Georgia the small town is fading away.   I look around I am sadden that maybe one day none will be able to visit the small town where the first man inducted into to The Baseball Hall of Fame was created.  These towns have something to offer and they were once great.  They deserve to survive and be toured so the next generation will know exactaly the endurance and sacrifice it takes to leave a legacy.


Sometimes there is a price for fame and fortune inorder to survive it you have to live for God and not the world and you must have those you love and trust around you and not just the people who around for the next party.  God didn't intend us to spend life alone...

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 
Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.  If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Over my shoulder is where Ty Cobb's Boyhood Home once stood and I ponder in my thoughts not all but most people's drive and ambition comes from pain. They succeed but their connection with people is damaged at a very young age. 
 Connection is as important as a financial career because when the glitz and glamour is gone the old saying goes....

Who did you love?


Love,
Dana






Comments

  1. Nicely written blog about my favourite baseball player.
    Pictures were great! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana,

    Beautiful pictures of yourself and the town of Royston, GA. I have been there a few times in the past. I am a big Ty Cobb fan so going there was really special. It's a nice little town tucked away in northern Georgia. Thank you for sharing the pictures, it brought back great memories of my visits there.

    P.S. Love your outfit.

    Dan Tobin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY