CURAHEE MOUNTAIN, BAND OF BROTHERS MOVIE INSPIRATION

THE OUTFITS CONSISTS OF:
BELK: STEVE MADDEN SUNGLASSES
CATO: (NEW) PLAID TOP & (NEW) BOOTIES
TJMAX: CURVY FIT LUCKY BRAND JEANS
****Information courtesy of Wikipedia

Hi Fashion Loves,
Before the Holiday Hell Months started I decided to clear my mind and what better way but to climb a beautiful Mountain.  Now Curahee Mountain is not any mountain but the movie inspiration for the Steven Speilberg's film Band of Brothers.  

Fashion Loves just because you are climbing a mountain doesn't mean you can't wear heels.  The Heels I have chosen are my cute New Cato Booties in an amazing color called Night Sky, they are still available.  These booties are so comfortable and stylish at the same time.  


My Booties go wonderful with my New Plaid Shirt from Cato with the Blue Accents to blend with the booties color.  Cato has changed up their designs by incorporating Extra Smalls which is great for us ladies with no top half except a little Push Up.  The Plaid Shirt is Stylish and washes well....


Gods Blesses you in many ways but mine was the butt and the hips which is why my Lucky Brand Curvy Fit Jeans are my Favorites.  These jeans don't work themselves down and make the horrible popping sound when you walk....

The sun was blazing and was one of the last warm streaks so I put on my Mirrored Sunglasses by Steve Madden.  Steven Madden Sunglasses are sold at Belk and have all the latest styles that are feature in Vogue and many other Fashion Magazines...


Fashion Loves I decided to take a short trip to Curahee Mountain in Toccoa Georgia because of a book I read Fireworks Over Toccoa by Jeffrey Stepakoff, there will be a separate Blog about the little town of Toccoa Georgia and the book.  

My curiosity got the best of me because I was so into the book that I did a little research and was surprised to find out that Currahee Mountian was used by the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment during World War 11.  The 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment's Company E (Easy Company) was the inspiration behind the HBO Series Band of Brothers.  The movies Band of Brothers was a HBO Miniseries created by Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg and had a great following and who would have known it came from a small town only an 1 hour 15 minutes from my home on GA-17N/ Toccoa Bypass.  The Military still trains on Currahee Mountain and uses the catch phrase "3 Miles up, 3 Miles down which was derived from the 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment when they were running up and down the mountain training. 

 Currahee Mountain comes from the Cherokee word quu-wa-hi which means "stand alone".  As you top Currahee Mountain you are at a Elevation of 1,735 feet and you can see as far as the eye can see.  The view is so breathtaking and you forget about the world below.  I feel closer to God on top of Currahee and I just stood there talking to him and relaxing and loving life.  




Now Fashion Loves to me is living life and I don't understand the fight to get the best sale all this Adventure cost me was gas and I was so filled with joy.


Currahee Mountain is not only beautiful but full of history it was one of the landmarks used in the Treaty of Hope and on October 12, 1864 the Confederate Troops defeated the Union Troops at the Battle of Narrows also known as the Battle of Currahee during the Civil War.

Currahee Mountain is the location of the Annual Currahee Challenge which is 3 and 6 miles race that occurs in the fall...



Fashion Loves make Memories that count and photos you can pass on to the next generation by taking a ride up a winding dirt road to the top of an Historic Mountain.  
Love each other and love the beautiful Adventures God has waiting....



Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB