A HIKE UP HANGING ROCK

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
BELK: STEVE MADDEN SUNGLASSES, BELLE DU JOUR SHIRT & NIKE RUNNING SHOES
NY&COMPANY: BOYFRIEND STRAIGHT LEG
****information: Wikipedia/ Hanging Rock

Hi Fashion Loves,
I have been laid up with Sinus Issues just like so many people in the South have been suffering from because of this crazy weather.  However before my sickness occured I took a well needed vacation to see my best friend Vonda Parker in Winston-Salem North Carolina

 I had a short list because I missed my friend since she moved and I just wanted to hangout with her. Vonda loves hiking so our first Adventure was to Hanging Rock....


Hanging Rock 
1790 Hanging Rock Park Road
Danbury, NC 27016

The weather this day was a blessing on Febuary 24, 2017 which was in the 70's and very rare for this area.  I was sweating so the outfit was casual and cool to hike the 2,579 Foot Mountain






 I chose my T-Shirt from Belk from the brand Belle du Jour stating... We're Really This Pretty In The South.... I love this t-shirt because I am representing the South. 

 The sun was blazing so I wore my Steve Madden Mirrored Sunglasses from Belk with the pretty colors reflecting the beautiful sky.  My New York and Company Boyfriend Jeans were stylish, distressed and comfortable for the long hike up the mountain.  

I know I usually have my cute shoes but that wasn't going to work hiking a mountain.  I wanted to come down the right way and not on my nose so my Nike Running Shoes seemed like the best way to go.  These running shoes are so comfortable and their bright colors are just what I love...

Hanging Rock in Danbury North Carolina is about 30 miles outside of Winston-Salem North Carolina.  The Mountain Range is located on a 7,869-acre Park that was intended on being a resort community which most people could not enjoy but the company intending on creating this private facility went bankrupt.  The Civilian Conservation Corps went to work and acquired the land to make it somewhere everyone could enjoy.  Hanging Rock is part of what is called the Sauratown Mountain Range

which is known as the "the mountains away from the mountains" located within the Stokes and Surry Counties.  

I just wanted to tell you Fashion Loves this is a sight to behold especially this day.  God was showing out the clouds were so beautiful and we hiked so high up it felt like you could touch the clouds.

Vonda and I went to hiking and talking and didn't realize how high we accutally went until we got to the bottom. The people still on the mountain looked like ants I was amazed.  

When we reached the peak of the mounatin we just sat there admiring the view.  My breathe was taken away as my vision was field with God's majesty.  



The pressures of  life and work disappeared and I just sat happily wanting my existence to be field with these types of pleasures instead of materialistic items that fade.  

I want to leave a legacy of my photos of the world to cherish.  As I sit and focus on my gift from God of this live painting I am reminded of the following Bible Verse.



Pslam 19:1
The Heaven's declare the Glory of God,
The Skies proclaim the work of  His Hands..



Fashion Loves alot of people think I am traveling the world as I stated before but if you don't have much funds look around you.  I haven't seen all I want to see on my list like a Hindu Temple in Lilburn Georgia, Providence Canyon the Baby Grand Canyon in Lumpkin Georgia and where they filmed the Andy Griffith Show which is the real Mayberry in Mount Airy North Carolina this is to name few.  I would like to travel the world but I am happy visiting the areas close to home and being amazed at what there is to see and yet to see....


Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

BACK TO OLD HAMMOND SCHOOL