CRY BABY BRIDGE ANDERSON SOUTH CAROLINA

MY OUTFIT OF THE DAY:
BELK: STEVE MADDEN SUNGLASSES & 
CROWN AND IVY SCALLOPED SHORTS
DILLARDS: (Old)FOSSIL CAMERA NECKLACE
FOREVER 21:(Old) BOOTIES
TJMAXX: (New) JANE AND DELANCEY TOP
***information courtesy of hauntings.gs
/cry-bridge-crybaby-bridge-29

Hi Fashion Loves,

Todays Adventure was to Cry Baby Bridge on High Shoals Road in Anderson South Carolina.  The Adventure  was a short trip because of my partners in crime, my parents.  My dad has the terrible disease of Alzheimers so he can get a little rowdy, driving my mom crazy and he can't take long trips.  This particular adventure was about 15 minutes away and he thought we went to Georgia.  The day was a great day my mom could enjoy her day and my dad had a great time because we told him that we were going to see a ghost.  
Mom & her Mimosa Hat this is as close as she will get to anything Mimosa. Dad Photo Bombing....
On this Adventure I wore my new top from TJMaxx by Jane and Delancey it is an off the shoulder oxford style blue and white pinstriped top.  My favorite part of the top is the light blue trim that fits right on the shoulder.  The top is a lightweight material and makes you feel a little perky.  The Accessory I used is my favorite purchase from Fossil my little camera necklace that I purchased from Dillards.  I love to take photos so this was a perfect purchase for me. I get tired of a lot of things and sale them but this item is not one.  I absolutely love my camera necklace.


I paired my top with my scalloped shorts from Belk which is from the brand Crown & Ivy that I have wore before.  Crown & Ivy is an exclusive brand to Belk with many items to choose from to complete your wardrobe. Belk and Crown & Ivy have just added shoes to their line so you are ready to be head to toe Crown & Ivy.


My shoes from Forever 21 are just my favorite they a flat Booties with little stars.  My booties are the perfect footwear to complete my outfit for a haunting adventure. The little stars are in silver metal and gives that rock 'n' roll style.  I am ready for my meeting with the ghosts and if it doesn't go well I got the shoes to run.


 Cry Baby Bridge is considered the most haunted bridges in South Carolina because of the multiple ways an appriation can be encountered.  The encounters include a ghostly cry of a baby, a woman crying and the faint sound of a car passing.  The ghostly part of the car passing is strange because the 194 feet long and 17 foot wide bridge was replaced by a cement bridge in the 1980's....Things that make you go Hum.....The Folklore came from one of two stories a woman and her baby in a car or horse drawn carriage was crossing the bridge when a wreck happened and the baby fell into the water drowning.  The other Folklore was that a mentally disturbed lady threw her child over the bridge after her husband died in the Civil War either way there is a unhappy woman in white that is looking for her baby.

Cry Baby Bridge was originally built in Virginia in 1919 for Charleston South Carolina to connect two counties together.  In 1952 the bridge was moved to Anderson South Carolina and the Folklore begins.  The bridge is surrounded by a beautiful Mimosa Tree that makes for a very picturesque photo.   There is a word of caution if you intend on visiting the haunted bridge the homeless gather under the bridge and some unsavory characters hangout there also.  So with this warning the ghost would be a welcome.



If you would like a ghostly encounter you must use the following techniques:

 1. Cross the bridge halfway and repeat "I killed your baby" or "cry  baby cry"
 2. If you visit with the full moon after midnight and place your keys on top of the car and say the above words then you will see the apparition dressed in white looking for her baby.  The only problem with this scenario is you can't drive on the bridge.


Fashion Loves I myself do not plan on aggravating a ghost I am not afraid of them but I am not making them mad either.  That is a No!! No!! I believe I will leave that to the Ghost Adventures and the Ghost Brothers. My favorite Shows especially on a Friday Nights.  


 Fashion Loves for a Ghostly Adventure head to Cry Baby Bridge on High Shoals Road in Anderson South Carolina or just do like I did go see it in the daytime to photograph the beautiful Mimosa Trees and its lovely flowering branch overlooking the bridge.



Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB