MEMORIES OF RANKIN'S LAKE

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
TJMAXX: Japna Top
KHOLS:  Elle Shorts
CATO:  Necklace and Cork Heels
BELK:  Michael Kors Watch and Fossil Bracelets
DILLARDS:  Nadri Bracelet
Hi Fashion Loves,
I always like to dress for less so here is my version of Valentino.  I saw this outfit while looking at Valentino's Pre-Spring  2015 so I had to recreate it.   I know it is becoming Fall but it is still HOT in the South...
I started my Look for Less with the cute Elle Shorts from Khols and the search was on for the top.  I wondered into TJMaxx and found this Japna Top  and the outfit was complete.
The color of the TJMaxx Top is slightly lighter than the shorts but if you are into art you know about the Monochromatic Color Scheme.  Monochromatic is a tint or shade of a color so the shorts and shirt go well together because they are the same color but the tint is different.  Take a chance in your fashion and try the monochromatic look.







I added my Cato Necklace which has the same color as the outfit mixed with a light green.  The necklace looks like cute flowers and is one of my favorite necklaces. After this photo shoot I dropped the necklace on my tile floor and had to get the needle nose pliers out and go to work to fix it.






The Adventure today is a combination of the past and the arts.  I took this photo at Stonebridge Subdivision which use to be Rankin's Lake.  Rankin's Lake and The Art Fish made a great combination.
First Rankin's Lake was next door to my house and my pond was part of the lake.  A nice gentleman named Mr. Rankin would  let people in town pay a fee to go fishing.  Mr. Rankin kept the lake stocked with fish so someone always had a chance for that great catch.  When my sister and I were little we use to yell "What cha doing?",  "Catching anything" or "Hey" which I am sure got on their nerves.  
Chapman Design a local Architectural Firm decided to turned this nice lake into a subdivision which I am glad of.  Chapman Design has keep the integrity of the lake with the cute homes and the landscaping.  Developers can learn from Chapman Design you can up date a community with out totally losing the history.




The Arts in this photo were fish created by local artists and sculptors called Fish Out of Water; Hooked on the Arts 2.


 According to www.andersonindependent.com/fish-art-project the project started in March 2007 and was only going to stay up until June 22, 2008 but the popularity of the fish has turned into a permanent focus of interest around Anderson.  On an adventurous day you can go look and see if you can find all 35 Largemouth Bass which are 6'2" long, so you can't miss them.  They have all kinds of interesting designs whether it is by imagination or local attractions around the community.
The information of the fish is located at the Anderson Arts Warehouse.

So Fashion Loves if you are looking for an Adventure come to Anderson and see if you can find all 35 Largemouth Bass. 


Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB