GASSAWAY MANSION GREENVILLE SC

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
NY&COMPANY:   Blouse
JCPENNEY:  Worthington Shorts
AMAZON:  Delicious Heels

Hi Fashion Loves,

The Day Trips continues and with that comes a comfy outfit but with the heat of summer finally arriving the Fashion needs to be cool.   NY&Company Blouse is a Dark Green/Black thin material but not see through.  It is the perfect Adventure Material especially paired with JcPenney Worthington Shorts.  I love Worthington Shorts they are stylish and so comfortable and well made.  The Worthington Shorts come in a variety of colors.  I  decided to wear Delicious Patented Leather Black Heels from Amazon considering I was going from the car to the Mansion.  The Delicious Heels are comfortable but I would not consider an all day Adventure with them.  I had my flats in the car just incase I found another interesting place.


My Day Trip was an Adventure with a necessity in mind,  I had to make my last car payment in Greenville SC.  I am on vacation so no trip is complete without a Fashion Blog Photo Shoot.  This Shoot took place at:


The Gassaway Mansion "Issaqueena" circa 1925 (the information was found on HMdb.org the historical marker database) is location on 106 Dupont Drive Greenville SC 29607.


The Mansion was built between 1919-1924 by Walter and Minnie Quinn Gassaway at a cost of $790,000. 
  The Stones on the Facade once belonged to the Vardry McBee Mill and gives the look of a Castel.

  The elegant windows are Stained Glass from Tiffany's which any lady loves anything from Tiffany's.   
The beautifully structured Gassaway Mansion has a haunted mansion appeal and after reading the history it is said to be haunted by Walter Gassaway himself.   Apparently Mr. Walter Gassaway was a poor country boy that became a billionaire through the stock market but like everyone else with the crash of 1929 he lost everything.  I can only assume with the idea of being a poor country boy again devastated him so that he shot himself on the front lawn of this beautiful Architecturaly Crafted Art Piece. According to Hmdb.org Mr. Gassaway haunts the front lawn and the mansion and I assume it is because of the horrible way he passed.

Well Fashion Love I hope you would love to tour the Gassaway Manison just inform the owners who live their which are very friendly and welcoming.  Also if you are planning your next event this is a great place to consider.

Love,
Dana

Comments

  1. My great-great grandfather did NOT shoot himself on the front lawn of this house. In fact, he had already moved out of this house after losing it in 1929. He, his wife Minnie, his sister-in-law Miss Eula Quinn, and his daughter Susan moved into a house near the downtown area, on Ashley Street. Sadly, he was a 65 year old man, and one day he was working in the garden, on an extremely hot day. He went inside and a few minutes later, died of a heart attack in his wife's arms. I have no idea where any of this nonsense about him shooting himself comes from, but my grandfather extremely dislikes it whenever he hears that his grandfather shot himself, which he didn't. More than likely, this was made up to draw in tourism money for the "ghost" tours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB