2017 GREENWOOD SC FESTIVAL OF FLOWERS


THE OUTFIT OF THE DAY IS:
BELK: (New)CROWN & IVY TOP,  SHORTS, TOP AND STEVE MADDEN SUNGLASSES
ZARA: (New) SHOES
***Information Courtesy of Wikipedia

Hi Fashion Loves,

My weekend off started as plans for a Yard Sale because for my comfort and freedom of the worlds traps....Less is More..... but my Yard Sale Partners bailed on me.  For those of you that work retail you Do Not Waste a Weekend so I headed up to Greenwood SC for their annual Flower Festival.  






Greenwood South Carolina is a quaint town located about 59 minutes from my home and their Flower Festival is a site to be seen.  My weekend Adventure began with my new outfit from Belk as I have stated in previous blogs my go to line is the Crown & Ivy Brand. The oufit I have chosen today is almost completely Crown & Ivy. 


I chose a navy blue top with green and white poka dots that has sweet details of frills at the neck.  I had purchased the shorts earlier and I was surprised when the greens dots in the top was the same color as my shorts.  I planned on doing a lot of walking so I wore my new shoes from Zara they are in a nude color and fit well with my outfit.  I also love the interchangeable flaps on the front of my sweet shoes.. 



The Flower Festival was started by the Tourist and Conventions Committee of the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce in 1968 the event happen to also be the 100th anniversary of George W. Park Seed Company.  
The Festival came about because professional growers would visit the George W. Park Seed Company every year on the "grower days" to visit all the trial gardens inorder to see what the Park Seed Company had come up with.


The Park Seed Company Flower Festival became an annual event open to the public with an art and craft exhibit, garden tours and open houses.  The main part of the festival takes place in Greenwood South Carolina's charming downtown.  
The shops and restaurants are open late to do some small town shopping, taste the local cuisine and see arts and crafts from the local artists...

My sister lived in Greenwood South Carolina for sometime with her family and we went to the Park Seed Flower Festival many times until she and her family moved and that was before the Topiary Project existed.  
The Topiary Project was started in 2008 which has become the main event with 42 topiaries.  The Topiaries are exquistited works of arts and amazing to see in person. 



The event has become so popular that  it has turned into a month long event the opening weekend was the first weekend in June but I attended the event on July 8,2017 so it seemed that the event is even longer now.   I enjoyed wondering around the beautiful town and seeing all the topiaries displays especially the camera display from Fuji.  

Fashion Loves the Festival of Flowers is over until next year but the beautiful town of Greenwood South Carolina has a lot to offer the quaint downtown, the beautiful lake and also some grand old homes.  

See you on the next Adventure
Love,
Dana



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB