BEHIND THE SCENES THE MARSHALL ORR HOUSE

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
BELK:  BELLE DU JOUR T-SHIRT AND NIKE SHOES
SEVEN JEAN SHORTS
DILLARDS: RAY BAN SUNGLASSES
****Home details & History are available ww.marshallorrhouse.com

Hi Fashion Loves,

Today was my day off so my friend Eddie and I decided to go scouting for a Future Photoshoot around my hometown of Anderson SC
 Eddie being a Videographer is informing me of the importance of light and shadows below....
We have plenty of beautiful old homes which are unfortunatley being torn down because they have fallen into disarray. Therefore to keep everyone reminded of importance of our old homes I like to showcase what a great back drop they are.  Sometimes Scouting is not as Glamorous as the end product.  Since I am using a timer to take the photos sometimes I cut my head off or the strap is in front of the blinking light that tells me when the photo is ready to take, like in the following photo.......

Since today was a casual day I just got up threw on my Belk T-Shirt from Belle Du Jour confirming what I already know "We're Really This Pretty in the South".
Eddie pointing out why you should visit the South........
 This T-Shirt is in the Junior Department of Belk and is so soft.  A customer checked out with a T-Shirt of this same brand with a different saying on it.  The T-Shirt was so soft that when I got off work I went searching for it in Junior Department . When I found this shirt I said to myself perfect....
I paired my T-Shirt with these Seven Purple Shorts, I have since cut the shorts to make them even more stylish.   I like the shorts much better you will see them soon.  
The footwear was important this day because we were adventuring so I wore my Nike Running Shoes I bought at Belk for $10.00.  I got these shoes so inexpensive because with my Belk Card I get Rewards Dollars and there was also and event going on where you receive an extra discount, which Belk has often.  I have to buy a few sports shoes because I walk a lot and Nike has worked best for me.  I work at Belk, while I am getting my Art and Fashion Blog started, where I receive a wonderful discount.  When my career goals are reached I plan to still work part-time where you still get the same discount.  I don't know when this is to happening but I will keep going til it develops.


This day my friend Eddie and I decided to check out the Marshall Orr House at.....

809 West Market St Anderson SC 29624

According to the website the Marshall Orr House was built in 1885 by Dr. Samuel Marshall Orr as a smaller version of his father's home.  His Father, Governor James L. Orr's Home, was unfortunately torn down in 1956.  Dr. Orr was a Physician for 35 years, owned a Pharmacy, involved in Anderson's first Building and Loan and this is just a few of his contributions to the growth of Anderson.  In his spare time he decided to build a Greek Revival Style home that has stood the test of time.  After the death of Dr. Orr the house was purchased by Mr. and Mr. S. Rhett Parker whom lived there from 1905-1925 after their departure the home was then purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Marshall Pickney Orr.  The Orr's granddaughter Lula Orr Farmer donated the home in 1973 to Anderson County Women's Club which they use for special events and weddings.  The home known as "Little Arlington" is well taken care of and preserved unlike many beautiful homes in Anderson.  I wish I had to funds to save all these beauties it breaks my heart to watch these fine dedications to history die....

Eddie Pointing out the Importance of History......

Motto of  the story....Try your best to preserve history, It is your legacy......
Love,
Dana

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB