LANNEAU-NORWOOD HOME GREENVILLE SC

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
CATO: Sweater (new)
JCPENNEY:  Shorts
LOSLANDIFEN:  Heels from Amazon
BELK:  Michael Kors Watch

***Historic information courtesy of Wikipedia and www.altavistagreenville.com
***The political views aren't mine I just love the home.....

Hi Fashion Loves,
Back to work to collect more money for the next big Adventure but my curiosity got the best of me when the gentleman remodeling my home told me about the Lanneau Norwood Home he worked on for two years in Greenville SC.   I put my comfortable outfit together and headed to Greenville SC.

I needed a cool outfit since it has been so hot in the South.  I have been wanting to wear my new Sweater from Cato with the cute tassels.  I love the tassels but becareful when you wash the sweater I like to never got it untwisted.  When you need to wash it braid the sweater like hair and put it in a plastic bag and you want have that problem.
 The Sweater is a Off White Color which is light weight and cool making it stylish and perfect for the heat of the South.  I paired my Sweater with my JcPenney Shorts which shows my wild side with Brown Tiger Print Stripes.  I topped the outfit off with my Bright Turqoise Heels from a brand called Loslandifen which are sold on Amazon.  The Heels are comfortable and I wore them all day because this day I was taking my parents to the doctor in Greenville so not much walking was involved.

The Lanneau-Norwood Home is located at 411 Belmont Ave. Greenville SC 29601 and was orginally named Alta Vista.....

The Father and Son Team remodeling my home, Keith and Robert Partain, knows I love old homes so they told me about the Lanneau-Norwood Home so I collected my parents and off we go on an Adventure.  I was shocked when I pulled up to this home with its magnificent architecture features.

The Lanneau-Norwood Home orginal name was Alta Vista built in 1877 by Jacob W. Cagle in the Second Empire Style for a Frenchman by the name of  Charles Henry Lanneau II.  The Home is a 2-1/2 Story Brick Mansion with a Mansard Roof.  The Front Facade has a Central Pavilion and corner Pavilions that protrude out.  There is also an impressive Octagonal Tower that extends 1-1/2 stories above the cornice.  Also located on the property is a garage, small greenhouse and a two-story, one story brick servants quarters.

Mr. Lanneau was know as "The Father of Textiles" because he employeed 300 people.  In 1882 Mr. Lanneau oragnaized the Huguenot Mill one of the first Steam-Powered Mills in the Upstate SC.  In 1883 there was a major fire in which Charles Henry Lanneau II rebuilt but the house unfortunately burnt again in the 1890's.  Mr. Lanneau fell into financial problems in 1903 and sold his home in 1906.  In 1906 the home was sold to John Wilkins Norwood a banker and a relative to the family.  Mr. Norwood added plumbing and electricity to the home.  After Norwood's death in 1945 the house was passed onto his son-in-law and daughter Claud Sapp and Frances Norwood Funderburk and then their son and daughter-in-law George Norwood and Ann Downen Funderburk.

***In 1982 the Lanneau Norwood Home was added to the National Register of Historical Places.  In 1977 a granddaughter of  JW Norwood commissioned a Dollhouse Replica on a 1:12 scale.  If you would like to see photos of the Dollhouse you can go to www.miniaturedesigns.com or go to the Children's Museum of the Upstate.....

The Home was then purchased by the clients of the Father and Son Team remodeling my home around 2013 or 2014 I have spoken with her and I will be going back to tour the whole home and I am totally excited.
So motto of the story find something that makes you happy and then the world sure looks like a much better place.....

Love,
Dana

Comments

  1. Hello, we are providing pest control services and want to clean our greenville SE. If you want to contact, we are ready here https://goo.gl/maps/Jn79Qpx9LDC2.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB