GONE WITH THE WIND

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
TJMAXX:  Daniel Rainn Blouse
KHOLS: Elle Scolloped Edge Shorts
CATO:  Cork Flats
BELK:  Michael Kors Watch
BAG INC;  Quilted Handbag
*****All Information was given to me at the Margaret Mitchell House through the packet given or reading the Displays and from www.awesomestories.com

Hi Fashion Loves,
Margaret Mitchell Apartment Complex Upper Door..
This is another Adventure to Atlanta Georgia to the Margaet Mitchell House inorder to add a check to my Bucket List.   When Adventuring you have to incorporate comfort and style.  I chose to start with my Scalloped Edge Shorts from Khols with a peach color.  These comfortable shorts look similar to the Valentino from last summer and come in White with Black Poka Dots, Royal Blue and Black. I purchased all the colors except Black.  These shorts are stylish but the only problem is I wore size 8 at the time I purchased them and now I wear size 6 with this great problem I will be altering them soon.  
The Blouse I chose is from TJMaxx and is from a brand called Daniel Brainn which I never have heard of before but it is comfy and flowing.  I toured the Margaret Mitchell House awhile before I realized I like the Blouse out better which you will see in later photos. 
My Shoes for this Adventure was my comfortable but stylish Cato Cork Flats with a Gold Accent.  I love my Heels but walking around in Atlanta heels are a No...No.. for me.  Most of the time in Atlanta you park and walk and feed the Meter.  I got a prime parking place around the corner and I wasn't going to give it up.  The Margaret Mitchell House has a parking area but it remained full the whole time I was there....

Fashion Loves you have no idea the Margaret Mitchell House has been on my Bucket List because who does not love Gone With The Wind.  I was so excited when I went to the Swan House and found out my ticket included the Margaret Mitchell Home.  


Margaret Mitchell and John Marsh moved into the Apartment located at 979 Cresent Avenue NE Atlanta Georgia 30309 in 1925 which they lovingly named the "Dump".

  According to the information received  due to a series of accidents Margaret Mitchell was confined to her home and after reading all the books in the library John bought her a typewriter.
  Margaret Mitchell's surpressed childhood passion for writing arouse inside of her and Gone With The Wind was Created.  According to the information Margaret Mitchell wrote many books during her 10 years in the "Dump" but Gone With The Wind was written on a small desk infront of the window.

 Margaret Mitchell hid her book in Manila Folders around her home so know one would find out about it.  If anyone visited the home Mitchell would throw a towel over her writing table. She completed her book in 1929 but her fear prevented her from moving forward.  Margaret Mitchell's only critic was her husband but finally she allow Harold Latham from the MacMillan Company to read hear manuscript in the spring of 1935 and offered her a $500 advance.
 
Gone With The Wind was Published in 1936 and the Movie premiered it the Loew's Grand Theater in Atlanta on December 15, 1939 starring Clark Gabel and Vivine Leigh catapulting it to movie
magnificence.  Unfortunately the world lost an amazing creative woman on August 11, 1949 when an off-duty cab driver struck her on Peachtree and 13th Street inwhich she died 5 days later.
Margaret Mitchell Porch

Tara on the Selznick Studio in Culver City California

Fashion Loves after visiting Margaret Mitchell's Home I realized how much we had in common.  I understand why she hid her manuscript for so long see I hid my ability to draw old homes and only my immediate family knew what I could do.  For some creative people what you do is your passion and someone demoralizing your work is a "Risk To Crushing Your Soul."  After my Secret came out I am still getting use to the attention but it has cooled off now so I can focus.  I saw a great quote to summarize my feelings...

"The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts while stupid ones are full of confidence."
-Charles Bukowski
Margaret Mitchell Fasination with the South and I am sure the beauty has something to do with it.

So Fashion Loves get the Confidence put yourself out there God can set your life on a new track. God's Gifts are his and you do not need anyone to promote you when you have the utlimate promoter he will put people in your path to show off his gifts.
  
Love,
Dana



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB