WELCOME TO THE SWAN HOUSE

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:
CATO: Dress & Belt
BELK:  Michael Kors Watch
TJMAXX: Clavin Klein Heels

Hi Fashion Loves,
As I stated before I had 9 days off from work and here is another Adventure I took to The Swan House in Atlanta Georgia.  For you Hunger Games Fans this is where the Party Scene in Catching Fire was filmed.   The Grounds of  The Swan House has a lot to cover so I had to have a comfortable outfit.  My Dress is New from Cato and very comfortable and cool it is alittle shorter than what I am use to so I wore some workout shorts underneath.  
The Belt is also from Cato but it is older. I added this because the dress is flowy and it looked better when I added the belt. The Belt is a cute faux suede with little tassels on it. 
  I mostly wore my Cato Flats for comfort but I had my Calvin Klein Heels in a bag for added sex appeal.  I am in Atlanta Georgia where you could run into anyone from Celebrities, Cute Gentlemen or Cute Gentlemen Celebrities.

Welcome The Swan House located at 130 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta Georgia 30305.  I have wanted to visit The Swan House for awhile now and as a Day Trip I decided to go. The Entrance to The Swan House begins at The Atlanta Historical Society.  
 I only recently found out that The Hunger Games Catching Fire was filmed here and this made the trip even more exciting.  Wonder if this was Jennifer Lawerence's View.

The Swan House and Gardens were designed by architect Philip Trammell Shutze in the Italian and English Classical Style
 Shutze was commissioned by Edward & Emily Inman who moved into their home in 1928 unfortunatley Mr. Inman died only 3 years later of a heart attack.  

The picture below were The Inman's on their Wedding Day which was much happier times.
 The heart broken Emily Inman invited her oldest son and his family to move in.  The home became filled with life and children which I am sure created a happy retreat for Mrs. Inman.  Emily Inman lived in her home until her passing of the ripe old age of 84 in 1964.  The home was then taken over by The Atlanta Historical Society in 1966 and opened to the public.

The Interiors of The Swan House is breathe taking especially the Grand Stair Entrance.
The Bath and Dressing Area of Emily Inman is something I could live in.

The Grounds of The Swan House also shows the 
different eras of living with The Smith Family Farm in the 1860s and The Wood Family Cabin 1820-1840.  In the Basement of The Swan House is the Mandrian Shutze: Chinese Export Life which is a display of Philip Trammell Shutze collections of porcelain, silver, furniture, rugs and paintings.... 

***The information above is courtesy of the information given to me at The History Museum...

When you visit The Smith Family Farm say "Hi" to Richard he loves to have his photo taken.

The moto of my story is take an Adventure.  Atlanta Georgia is 2 hours away but don't be discouraged you drive around town for 2 hours why not go see what the world has to offer and meet new people along the way.


Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB