MY CONNECTION TO JOHNNY CASH

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:

CATO:  Blazer, Tank and Belt
JCPENNEY:  Skirt and Heels
BELK:  Michael Kors Watch and Silverworks Cross Necklace
SINFUL COLORS:  Let's Meet
Hi Fashion Loves,
Today's outfit is a summery cool business type look that can be converted to a night on the town.  Summertime in the south has been sweltering so you have to dress accordingly.  Day time work needs to transition into Night time fun so this Three Quarter Length Blazer from Cato helps in this transition.  The Tank from Cato is cool and a bright color that can be worn on its on after a hard days work and you enter the blistery afternoon or night air. The White Skirt from Jcpenney is cool material and the perfect length and keeps you in fashion since white is the go to color for the seasons.  The Flower Belt from Cato is the perfect conversation piece. Cato has the coolest belts an accessories at just the right price.  I love to stay in fashion but with my career adventures you have to as they say "You go to spend money to make money" which brings on another quote "I am so broke I can't afford to pay attention" so I need fashion for less.




Also the shoes which has a hounds tooth print like the jacket goes perfect and the pop of red adds interest. These shoes from Jcpenney were the perfect find and add that edge to any outfit.
The reason I have chosen to name my Blog My Connection To Johnny Cash actually relates to my Uncle William Clayton Evans.   See my Uncle Bill was a magnificent guitar player and would play at all of our family reunions and tell us about his times playing with Johnny Cash in Germany during their stint in the Korean War.  

The whole family believed his stories however the world didn't until that faithful day when Johnny Cash's people called La France Industries, where my uncle worked, and asked my Uncle Bill to testify in a Copywright Lawsuit.  See my Uncle collaborated with Johnny Cash in the writing of "Hey Porter" and his  1955 hit "Cry,Cry,Cry.  Johnny Cash wrote about these events in his autobiography and accounts for his time in Landsberg Germany and forming a band called the Landsberg Barbarians who would play at the Post Exchange, (according to the Anderson Independent written by Liz Carey) but he never mentions the people by name.
Every time Johnny Cash came to town he would call my Uncle Bill to meet him at his different concerts.  My Dad drove him one time and met and talked with Johnny Cash. My Uncle remained friends and in contact until Johnny Cash's death
My Uncle Bill passed away on January 20, 2012 in the Richard M Campbell Nursing Home at the age of 79.  The article of my Uncle Bill was written when he was 76 by Liz Carey from the Anderson Independent titled Veterans Recalls Military days in Song.  The town finally had to apologize to my uncle which was know by his friend Johnny Cash as Bill Evans.

My Uncle also played music with Faron Young another country singer.  

So Fashion Loves when someone tells you of the days gone by don't dispute it, you could be in the mist of a Legend that just never got the break they need or could handle.  The people that did make it came from the same place as people who struggle do. Some made life long friends and keep their friends privacy but still loved them because they were loyal enough not to exploit them.  See my uncle never asked Johnny Cash for money or fame he just asked for his friendship which is hard to come by this day and time.

Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB