BELMONT NC ADVENTURE

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:

CATO: Blouse, skirt and necklace
NC BEACH STORE: French Kiss Flats
NY and COMPANY: Sweater



Hi Fashion Loves,

Today the outfit I have chosen is comfortable for an Adventure.  I am in Cato pretty much head to toe.  I love the flowing skirt and the touch of color with the bright top.

 Daniel Stowe Gardens given to Belmont NC in 1991 by Retired Textile Executive Daniel Jonathan Stowe.
 Orchid Conservatory in Daniel Stowe Gardens 6500 South New Hope Rd Belmont NC
 Belmont Abbey College Mt Holly Rd Belmont NC
Lourdes Grotto given in 1891 as a dedication to The Virgin Mary for saving a young priest who developed Typhoid Fever. They believed with their prayers to her and thanks were the result of his recovery.

Sorry for the absence I have been working so much I have been extremely tired, but after working 12 days in a row and 12 hours on the 12th day I prayed to God and insisted on a day off.  If you look closely from standing on my feet to much I have cankles.  I am to young to have cankles and they are not attractive.  However with my exhaustion I still decided to take my parents on an Adventure like I said previously my Dad has Alzheimers so he and my Mom look forward to these Adventures.

My Adventure was to BELMONT NC  a rather beautiful city and the home of Belmont Abbey College and the Daniel Stowe Gardens.  My parents and I enjoyed the beauty of the day and toured as much as we could but we didn't see much of the downtown.  Belmont is only 1-1/2 hours away so we will be going back to visit the town.  A few days later I was watching the Halmark Channel Movies and Mysterious, A WAY BACK HOME STARRING DANNY GLOVER,  and the town seemed eerily familiar.  Then all of a sudden I saw the end of the movie with the STOWE MERCANTILE in the background.  What was strange about this is STOWE MERCHANTILE is in Belmont NC opened by Abram Stowe which lived between (1840-1897).  I researched this to verify what I saw, but the only information I could find was about the Barber Shop.

 My lovely Parents Belmont Abbey College
 My Lovely Parents in Daniel Stowe Gardens

Shuffleton's Barbershop in the movie owned by Charlie Shuffleton (Danny Glover) was based on a painting by Norman Rockwell.  The painting was a recreation a Barbershop is in East Arlington Vermont.  Norman Rockwell had a photo of this Barbershop. (information courtesy of the examiner.com an article by Christine Nyholm)

So go to the Hallmark Channel and watch A Way Back Home which is about Trey Cole a country singer who is estranged from his family and comes back to see the Barbershop owner who helped raise him in place of his absent workaholic father.  He finds that Charlie Shuffleton has died but can his images help repair Trey's family relationship.  Also go visit Belmont NC and walk around to see the familiar downtown in the movie.

If anyone knows for sure if this movie was filmed in Belmont NC let me know.


Love,
Dana

P.S. 
If you need to unwind try the St Joseph Adoration Chapel in the rear of  The Belmont College campus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB