THE CHRISTOPHER ORR HOUSE

MY OUTFIT OF THE DAY:
FOREVER 21: Long Wrap Dress used as a Jacket
CATO: Tank, skirt, Heels and Necklace 
***Information courtesy of-- www.loopnet.com/listing20271911/407-S-Manning-St-Anderson-SC/ and www.livingplaces.com/Anderson_County/Anderson_Historic_District

Hi Fashion Love, 
Today I took my cute outfit after work and headed to Downtown Anderson to see the Oldest Home in Anderson South Carolina.  I love old homes and I could look at them forever it makes my day just to sit and speak with a home especially this Lovely Greek Revival Style.  A home that was built before there were fancy tools.  The painstaking effort it took to create all the details on this home, that is still standing to this day, is impressive.





My New Forever 21 Dress I used as a Jacket and my Cato skirt was used as the inspiration for my work attire today.  I love putting on cute outfits, your whole mood changes and you walk up right with the feeling of cofidence.  I walked into Cato and fell in love with the details of this black and orange skirt with a tie detail to the side.  The skirt is a thicker material but cool and comfortable.  I paired my skirt with a black basic tank from Cato which comes in many colors.  I have seen many people on instagram use wrap dresses as jackets so I used their ideas and it worked great.
 I liked the orange details in the skirts so I decided to wear my Cato orange heels to go with this lovely skirt.  The heels are comfortable with an adjustable strap.  Fashion Loves I hope this outfit inspires you to take a chance with fashion, it is fun.



The home I visited today was built in 1835 by Christopher Orr after he aquired enough funds from the opening of his Tavern in 1832.  The home was originially on Benson St and was moved to is existing location in 1844 which is....

407 S Manning St
Anderson SC 29624

Chritopher Orr was the son of James L. Orr, judge and Governor of South Carolina and minister of Russia.  The Christopher Orr home was the first home in the town to include marble mantels.  This nice part of Anderson County History is up for grabs for an asking price of $167,000.  I would love to own a piece of history before this, like many others, is destroyed by neglect however my finances does not allow.   I would like to thank Christopher Orr for his piece of history and start the building of unique and old homes in Anderson South Carolina.  Christopher Orr later moved to Mississippi but his contributions to history has not been forgotten....


So Fashion Loves go to S Manning St Anderson South Carolina to see or purchase this lovely part of history.   




Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB