ROSES IN LINLEY PARK

MY LOOK OF THE DAY:
BELK: 
New in Stores
CROWN & IVY TANK 
FLOWY SKIRT (clearance)
CATO:
SWEATER
TJMAXX:
NINE WEST NUDE HEEl
****information courtesy of:  (Under The Kudzu) youtube-EP25 John W Linley and www.linleypark.com

Hi Fashion Loves,

Are you tired of Belk's Crown & Ivy Brand yet?  Me neither.  My idea started with the Crown & Ivy Flowy skirt that a co-worker showed me.  I fell in love immediately ordered the skirt because it is on clearance and Belk didn't have my size.  

The skirt is white with navy blue accents so I set out to find me a navy blue tank top and Crown & Ivy didn't disappoint.  Belk has just received these basic tanks in every color under the rainbow in the Crown & Ivy Brand.  The tank is a polyester with a polyester lining it does not wrinkle and the lining keeps it from being see through.  The material is comfortable and great for the hot weather the South is having.


In my new Crown & Ivy Outfit I didn't want to take away from the Navy Blue and white ensemble so I decided to wear my Nine West Nude Heels.  A Fashionista can't go wrong with Nude Heels which is a staple piece to any Ladies wardrobe.  When you can't find the right color tone of shoe for your favorite outfit the Nude Shoe works everytime.  I like look of a pointed heel shoe better so that is my go to.


Just incase of those cold nights I did purchase a Navy Blue Sweater at Cato.  This three quarter length sweater comes in all colors for every outfit.

I wanted a perfect setting for my cute outfit so I decided to go to Linley Park after along work day.  Linley Park was the creation of John William Linley in March between 1913-1929.  John William Linley was born on June 6,1881 in Charleston South Carolina so of course he went to The Citadel and as a new graduate he packed his bags and moved to Anderson South Carolina.  He graduated with a teaching degree and eventually became the Principal of Fant Street School.   Mr. Linley while being very successful in the school system wanted a more profitable career.  In 1907 John W Linley created Linley & Farmer's Insurance with Frank Farmer.  The business proved to be very successful and John W Linley used the proceeds from the company to purchase farm land.  Mr. Linley's intention was to farm cotton but the Boll Weevil foiled his plans.  Therefore his idea were turned toward creating a residential area.  The first major suburb in Anderson South Carolina called North Anderson.  Mr. Linley spared no expense developing the new community with all the modern conveniences during that era.  

John W Linley promoted his North Anderson project relentlessly by building a gorgeous Colonial Revival Home as his family residence overlooking the park.  John William Linley promoted the new community well until the 1930's during the great depression.  John W Linley made it through the depression and created other suburbs around the Anderson Area.  In the 1970's the park was renamed for its creator LINLEY PARK.  The beautiful Colonial Revival Home of John William Linley keeps a watchful eye over the park with each guest that arrives.  I think I saw a little smile form the house because of its long life in Anderson County.





The day I went to Linley Park the roses were amazing and I went snapping away.  Linley Park was breathetakingly beautiful and I was blessed to be there on such a day.  These days remind me of...

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you, "declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.





Fashion Loves head to Linley Park in Anderson South Carolina read a book, have a picnic and see if you can get a smile from the John William Linley Home.....


Love,
Dana




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB