PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

MY OUTFIT OF THE DAY IS:
BELK: (In Stores) Crown & Ivy Tank 
ITS METRO FASHION: Pants
CATO: (Old) Heels 


Hi Fashion Loves,

I have to work all day on Memorial Day but I wanted to honor the living and falling heroes that fight for us on a daily basis so I took a short Adventure to Forest Lawn Cemetery in Anderson SC.  Forest Lawn Cemetery has a newer section they have created which is similar to the Vietnam Memorial in Washington DC.  I have not been to Washington so I am somber and appreciative to see a smaller dedication to many of our loved one






Cemeteries are not a place of mourning for me but it is a place of appreciation wtih the thought of being watched over by loved ones and even strangers.  If these veterans were protective to  families and strangers alive I am sure they are watching over us in death.  Most of the olders cemetaries have sculptures and its like going to an outdoor museum.  The cemetery museums are full of history and sometimes the tombstones have an inscription of what the indiviuals contributions to our lives today.


On this Sunday before Memorial Day I walked around Forest Lawn Cemetery and reflected on the sacrifices that these veterans have made.  I watch the flags fly in honor of the fallen and I thank God for the creation of such wonderful dedicated individuals.


*****The Angels Upon the Earth that has come home to there rightful place at the right hand of God....


The outfit I chose for this Adventure was my colorful Its Fashion Metro Pants that are lightweight and cool for the summer months.  I wanted to be patriotic in a Fashionable way so these vibrant colors were perfect for what I had in mind.  Its Metro Fashion is a subsidiary to Cato Fashions which is one of my favorite stores.    


My Cato Red Heels are strappy and hit at your ankle and the red color balances out the colorful pants. The heels are a comfortable fit but at first they rubbed blisters on my ankle until they were broken in.  After a little wear they are just perfect and the heels height works great for my long pants.  


I didn't want to take away from my pants so I just paired them with a basic white Crown & Ivy Tank from Belk.  The basic tank, as I have mentioned before, I purchased in many colors.  The tanks are a new Crown & Ivy Staple to the Modern Southern Style Company.   I work at Belk so I enjoy the discount and the new styles we are receiving for the summer.  These wonderful tanks are lined and wash well and the shape is very flattering so they could be carried over into the winters months.  I hope they get some fall and winters colors so I can add to my wardrobe.


Happy Memorial Day to all Fallen and those still fighting for our freedoms.  I salute you....


Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB