VISITING ROSWELL GEORGIA

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:

H&M: DRESS
JCPENNEY: Jean Top
DILLARDS:  Fossil
TJMAXX:  Armani Exchange Sunglasses
PHOTOS BY: CRAIG JOHNSON
*All information courtesy of pamphlets picked up in Roswell Georgia.... 
Hi Fashion,
The outfit I chosen on this day is an H&M Flowing Dress.  When I started out my trip it was cool so I had a JcPenney Jean top covering my arms.  A Flowing Dress can make you feel so girly I love the bright orange color and the material is so cool.   The outfit is so comfortable which is a must for an Adventure.  
Jcpenney top over an H&M Dress
Dress with Jacket Removed
The trip I took was to Roswell Georgia which I fell in love with.  The town has the cutest shops wonderful places to eat and my favorite History, History and more History.   The magnificent Antebellum Homes took my breathe away.  The History of Roswell opened my eyes to what the Trail of Tears were all about.   I found a book which is a fiction that is called Roswell Redemption by Cindi Crane.  The book may be fiction but the details in the book are based on some true events.  The Cherokee had most of the southern land then the lottery by Andrew Jackson allowed the land to be taken from them and sent them on the Trail Of Tears to Oklahoma where so made it and some died.  The Cherokees where treated so poorly but also used as "Entertainment"  See I am Cherokee so in my mind I hope my ancestors had a forbidden love affair and my generation was not created by force which is what the book is about. 

The Antebellum Homes are beautiful and I was able tour two but I am going back later this summer to tour the rest.  These beauties where the lucky ones to survive Sherman's March during the Civil War.

1. The Archibald Smith Plantation Home 935 Alpharetta St was built by Archibald and Anne Smith in 1845 and was once part of a 300 acre cotton farm. 



2. Barrington Hall located at 535 Barrington Dr was built by Barriington King in 1842 whom founded the successful textile Mills of the Roswell Manufacturing Company.  Barrington Built this magnificent home on the highest point and recognized as one of the finest examples of Greek Revival Temple Architecture in the US.




Roswell is also famous for the history of the Mill Workers being charged with treason and sent up North for producing the Confederate Uniforms for the soldiers.  The Mill workers on July 5, 1864 was separated from their loved ones and spent years trying to get back to Roswell. The Mills where burnt and the workers who returned built Roswell what it is now.

Part of Burnt Mill Still Exists


Canton Street is the main area where all the Art Galleries and Eateries art located and is so cute.
The street is lively with sidewalk cafes and all the business people and adults, a lot my age, are enjoying the atmosphere.  This seems to be a perfect place for a person like me because I love the small downtown atmosphere with the big city feel.

















Imagine the feeling of watching the Union Soldiers coming to your home.
So come and experience the freedom that our ancestors did not have
Love,
Dana

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB