BACK TO OLD HAMMOND SCHOOL

THE OUTFIT CONSISTS OF:

CATO:  Tank Top, Ankle Pants and Necklace
TJMAXX:  Nine West Caged Booties
Hi Fashion Loves,

Well today I am roasting here in the South but I don't mind to much because I am not to fond of winter.  Even though it is so hot I couldn't wait to wear my new Cato Ankle Pants.  These must have been a return because there was only one pair.  I tried them on a couple of times but couldn't make them fit.  I have been working out a lot, which I enjoy but there is not enough time in the winter.  So I walked into Cato to try them one more time.... Victory, they fit I was so excited and I also found this brightly colored Yellow Tank and the large Pearl Necklace on Clearance.   
I was trying to give this outfit a little edge because I was feeling it, so I added my cute hat and my Nine West Caged Booties


Today Adventure is Old Hammond School at 150 Hammond School Road Anderson SC.  I have many memories of this school, I voted here for the first time and had to get my Dad out of jail (for a Charity Event).
According to the Anderson Independent in the 1900's the Hammond/ Midway Community decided that they needed to up date their school facilities so in 1913 with the help of Clemson University a two room school house was built.  The cost of this construction was a $32,000 and the first school in the state to have running water.

The school was opened in 1914 with 2 teachers and 6 grades.  The lunches was free but the people who could pay paid .25  There was no buses back then but according to Charmaine Smith Miles interview a student remembered riding to school in an A-model.  Those days the girls wore little dress and the boys overalls.

The school was closed in 1954 and by 1990 was falling into disarray, so the community got together and repaired the Old Hammond Schoolhouse.  To this day the community keeps this building up by doing repairs and cutting the grass.  The Old School has become a Community Center for Weddings, parties and etc..

So if you are around Anderson Go Back In Time to this Old School and remember what we have to be thankful for in our new modern schools.  However, still sort of sad because of the closeness of  the past.



I remember my Mom singing the song......

School Days, school days
Dear old Golden Rule days
'Reading and 'riting and 'rithmetic
Taught to the tune of the hick'ry stick
You were my queen in calico
I was your bashful, barefoot beau
And you wrote on my slate, "I Love You, Joe"
When we were a couple of o' kids.

According to Wikipedia the song School Days was written in 1907 by Will Cobb and Gus Edwards
 The subject is about adults looking back sentimentally on their childhood in primary school.



Love,
Dana


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB