TO SERVE AND PROTECT

OUTFIT CONSIST OF:

BELK:  Fossil Bracelets, Michael Kors Watch and Silver Works Double Cross Necklace
CATO: Top and Heels
JCPENNEY: Skirt


Hi Fashion Loves,

Sorry about the long delays but I have been working 12 days straight so my life has been sleep but I got a new employee so back to normal hours. I can now focus on my new venture that I am thoroughly enjoying.

I was happy to find the beautifully Embroidered Lace top from Cato.  I receive so many compliments on this top.  I mixed the patterns with my JcPenney skirt to create as I like to say a Rocker Chic look.




                      Cato Heels and Fossil Bracelet

I decided to take my blog picture at Chris Taylor Park at Balloonfest Blvd Anderson SC 29625, behind the Civic Center in Anderson.  I chose this particular area because of all the events surrounding policeman in the news.  I understand these latest events are confusing and has angered most of the world and I get that some policeman are bad but not all.  Chris Taylor was a 21 year on man with a beautiful wife and baby on the way, who always wanted to be a policeman.  However on December  7, 1992, two juveniles from a local high school on a crime spree in a stolen truck decided to kill him.  Joseph Paul Hudgins 17 and Terry Nick Cheek 18  were pulled over in a stolen exterminator truck dragging a hose.  Chris Taylor was shot in the face by two boys who was later pulled out of a High School Class Room and arrested for murder.

As I researched this from my own hometown I didn't realize that Rolling Stone had written an article on this horrific crime in 1995 titled on The Row by Tina Rosenberg.  See Joseph Paul Hudgins has been on death row at the Broad River Correctional Institute in Columbia SC since he was sentenced to death on July 27,1993 at the age of 17 for the murder of Chris Taylor.  Mr. Hudgins is one of the youngest residents on death row in the nation but still is the youngest in the state.

So when I think about Police Officers, I think of Chris Taylor and all the other men and women who give their lives to protect us and not to hurt us.  I hope with these recent events the bad ones are weeded out so the good people can get the Thanks they deserve.

This park has walking trail, a place for children to play and this is where I go eat lunch to get away from the world.  The ducks are use to me now so sometimes I have greeters or a little company while I rest for a moment.  I read my Bible sometimes and thank God for the Brave Souls who keep us safe and for Chris Taylor for loving our community so much that they created this park to honor him.

Love,
Dana




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CHARMING TOWN OF UNION SOUTH CAROLINA

A JOURNEY TO HELL'S GATE, OAKWOOD CEMETERY

ROYSTON GEORGIA HOME OF TY COBB